Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassland

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Cow View Post
    Fair enough,

A couple of weeks back I listened to a CEO of a multinational talk about what it's taken to develop brands and market access abroad . These things take a lot of time .
    And that's true. It does indeed. It doesn't happen overnight. But if companies cannot even access markets to develop those products and brands, than it takes a long time even when they finally get access. I have to agree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinit View Post
    Most people in South America & Africa are lactose intolerant.
    In most cases, people become lactose intolerant because of lack of dairy products as a child. Most people are not born lactose intolerant

Quote Originally Posted by Baazevedo1 View Post
    In most cases, people become lactose intolerant because of lack of dairy products as a child. Most people are not born lactose intolerant
    Not true. It has to do with genetics.

All the Mexicans we've had working for us, every one was lactose intolerant. Couldn't drink our milk, or eat cheese or ice cream. One could eat yogurt.
    Last edited by cousinit; 04-08-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Your sample size of Mexicans doesn't represent South/Central America and Africa.

Edit: plus you ignored what I said about them not having enough dairy products when they were young. Most people BECOME lactose intolerant. Most people are not born that way.

Your sample size of Mexicans doesn't represent South/Central America and Africa.

Edit: plus you ignored what I said about them not having enough dairy products when they were young. Most people BECOME lactose intolerant. Most people are not born that way.
    From the Internet, which is always right, about 65% of the world's population has a reduced ability to digest lactase after infancy.

Something about being close to the equator through the generations. Only 5% of descendants of Northern Europeans are lactose intolerant whereas 90 some percent of Africans are, as well as most of South America.
    Last edited by cousinit; 04-08-2017 at 08:31 AM.

After infancy. It's developed.

And that's really besides the point. We can ship lactose free powder anywhere so it's a poor excuse

There's probably no profit motive to send dairy products to countries with no money. Or are you talking about giving it away?

Those countries have no money because of poorly managed/corrupt governments. Policy gets in the way. I wasn't just referring to our policy. I know it's a complex can of worms, just pointing out it is part of the problem. We can't move our food, and they're starving.

Go figure

Those countries have no money because of poorly managed/corrupt governments. Policy gets in the way. I wasn't just referring to our policy. I know it's a complex can of worms, just pointing out it is part of the problem. We can't move our food, and they're starving.

Go figure
    Well, we're not going to solve this on Dairyforums. This has been going on since BC.

Still 65% of them are lactose intolerant. If the parents can't drink it, they aren't going to feed it to their kids. Part of that is lack of education and suspicion.

Also there's infrastructure issues, no refrigeration. Roads. Corruption.
    Last edited by cousinit; 04-08-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Yup. But we can develop additional markets. Not all, but some. Which is the overall point I was making in the first placr

I hear a bunch of these grassland producers that were cut are in MN. One not far from me ships 3 tankers a day.

Tasmania, Australia where the grass is always green

And on top of that, Mexicans are North Americans...

Quote Originally Posted by freddobonanza View Post
    And on top of that, Mexicans are North Americans...
    I thought the exporters were being quiet on here? ? jk

Well done Freddo. That's what happens when you're in a rush and running on no sleep....you make mistakes lol

Haha tentatively quiet, but where there's an opportunity to shrink the market further...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone on here ever been to Mexico? Did you ever see any milk to drink & if you did, would you drink it? How about cheese? We were there 20 yrs ago & the cheese was horrid.

Most Mexicans are lactose intolerant.

Am I the only one on here who googled it?

I've been to Mexico, loved it! Spent two months driving the Pacific coast from South to North surfing in 2012. Definitely in my top 3 countries I've visited across the Americas. As for milk, yes I enjoyed drinking it and didn't find the cheese to be that bad compared to other countries I've travelled to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am suspect of any milk, even at a restaurant here. it's never cold enough. Which is another thread.

I'm pretty impressed with your 2 month hiatus.

As for the cheese. Well I'm from Wisconsin & have never been impressed with any cheese not made in Wisconsin.

As for the cheese. Well I'm from Wisconsin & have never been impressed with any cheese not made in Wisconsin.
    Now this is another hot thread topic right here lol

Now this is another hot thread topic right here lol
    I just read your post not knowing which item you were responding to. It could have been any of them.

I'm more curious how freddo got 2 months off.

Let's talk cheese on another thread. I'm not scared ��

I just read your post not knowing which item you were responding to. It could have been any of them.

I'm more curious how freddo got 2 months off.

Let's talk cheese on another thread. I'm not scared ��
    Cheese. I'm no cheese connoseur. That just looks like it would be a mighty active thread lol