Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robot feed pushers

Right on. Looks like it does a good job

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does it run at different spacing to feed rail depending on feed amounts? I know Lely can be prgrommed to run a wide route soon after feeding and get progressively closer as the day goes on and feed gets less.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCowMan View Post
    Does it run at different spacing to feed rail depending on feed amounts? I know Lely can be prgrommed to run a wide route soon after feeding and get progressively closer as the day goes on and feed gets less.

Yes, you can program a different route for every time it runs. It is very programmable. You can change speeds, distances, routes and such

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Can you use it to push refusals away from the bunk?

Seems to me, it'd be kinda' handy to have it push refusals to the middle of the feed lane just minutes before you lay down fresh feed. Then you could take your time at picking up the refusals.

Just watched your videos on facebook. Pretty neat. Have you seen an increase in milk production at all yet as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by kipps View Post
    Can you use it to push refusals away from the bunk?

Seems to me, it'd be kinda' handy to have it push refusals to the middle of the feed lane just minutes before you lay down fresh feed. Then you could take your time at picking up the refusals.
    Yes you could.

DiederichFarm

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCowMan View Post
    Just watched your videos on facebook. Pretty neat. Have you seen an increase in milk production at all yet as a result?

Not yet! At least that i can definitively quantify. Still to soon to tell. Going to know soon I guess.

DiederichFarm

Quote Originally Posted by drdiederich View Post
    Not yet! At least that i can definitively quantify. Still to soon to tell. Going to know soon I guess.

I guess if you were doing a good job of pushing up feed before you are less likely to see a response.

Quote Originally Posted by drdiederich View Post
    I like the auger concept. It seems like it should handle large piles of feed better, something that has been any issue with the R2D2 style ones like lely or joz. Also, the scrape it gives on the bottom appears to clean the floor better. Being the first one to get it also brings some pricing advantages too I think.

I don't see it pushing more feed then my Juno can, I think it wil get in trouble in my barn, I have only 70 headlocks for 130 cows, feed one time a day and the Juno doesn't have a problem with that. Only in summer time when we're green chopping and the pile is higher then the Juno it can't see the headlocks anymore.

But it looks very nice, good luck with it!

drdiederich,

Now that you have had your pusher for 7 months, please update us on how it is doing. Any issues? Milk increase? How does it do on ice/snow?

I talked to the Valmetal rep at the Ag Progress show back in August and he did a quick demo at the show. My local dealer has one in stock now.
    Nature View Farms
    PolledJerseys.com

Hello.
    I'm new to the Dairy forum.
    I too am interested in how your feed pusher is performing. Does it get "lost" often or ever? How does it manage against heavy feed say first push after feeding? Generally satisfied? Would you purchase again? Would you purchase it if you had to pay 2 to 3 k extra versus old style r2d2?

Crazycow

Other than when it was hit during construction it works great. It handles large amount of feed with ease, the speed just needs to be set lower for those early runs. It never gets lost. The biggest issue we've had is too ensure the magnets get put in one the closer side of how often vs farther....err on closer together. Also the depth of magnets.... as close to the surface as possible. Otherwise, it works great.
    DiederichFarm