Thread: Taping Ag bags

Default Taping Ag bags

We had a windstorm yesterday that turned my 8x200 ag bags into an ash branch porcupine.

Have one bag open now and will need to open one in June and another in September.

Who makes the best tape for longer term seals? Bonus points if it's available on amazon...

Quote Originally Posted by Ford 401 View Post
    We had a windstorm yesterday that turned my 8x200 ag bags into an ash branch porcupine.

Have one bag open now and will need to open one in June and another in September.

Who makes the best tape for longer term seals? Bonus points if it's available on amazon...
    Duct tape seems to have worked well for me. My bags had a handful of holes back in the fall, put good quality duct tape on them and no spoilage so far. Tuck tape might even be better.

Each of my bags came with a little roll of tape specially made for patching holes in them. No idea what it is or where to find it (I lost mine) but it's probably the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used the tape that came with them and we also used some tape from 3m that I got on amazon back when we had bags. Sorry though, I can't remember exactly what it is called

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Quote Originally Posted by drdiederich View Post
    We used the tape that came with them and we also used some tape from 3m that I got on amazon back when we had bags. Sorry though, I can't remember exactly what it is called

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up on the 3m product I'll definitely check it out.

Our bags quit coming with tape a few years ago. I used the last tape I had on late alfalfa bales last fall. Sometimes I think bale huggers are worthless.

Duck tape is not air right and you will get spoilage. But it is better than nothing.

Our local John Deere as well as our other local tractor outfit sell the tape made for silage plastic. Not cheap but penny's compared to the value of the feed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Theres a red tape called Tuck Tape, I think its for taping up liners in houses? Is little pricey but sticks on plastic and will not come off.

Quote Originally Posted by phishstik View Post
    Theres a red tape called Tuck Tape, I think its for taping up liners in houses? Is little pricey but sticks on plastic and will not come off.
    I have used the red tape before it sticks well but we still got spoilage. not sure if the tape breathes a bit or not.

The white silage bag tape is good but you do need to check on it because it seems to come of after a while. We haven't found a perfect solution yet

Default Silostop Oxygen Barrier tape

Quote Originally Posted by rodbeaton View Post
    I have used the red tape before it sticks well but we still got spoilage. not sure if the tape breathes a bit or not.

The white silage bag tape is good but you do need to check on it because it seems to come of after a while. We haven't found a perfect solution yet

You may give a try of this

https://www.silostop.com/products/pr...ing/silopatch/
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wound up getting several rolls of greenhouse tape overnighted from Amazon. Short term it's held up well. Ill give an update with pictures this fall to show how it works long term.

we used gorilla tape seems to stick the best long term for us