Thread: Scc

Default Scc

Ours is nothing great, averages about 300. But we put everything in the tank. Fresh cows 2nd milking. All other bad teats in the tank as well unless they are treated of course, which we don't do much of unless it is life-threatening.

On 150 cows milking, we don't have enough milk out of the tank to feed the cats.

Just wondering, are we the exception? Do most guys hold out high SCC milk?

Edit: if you hold out the bad teats, how do you manage that?
    Last edited by cousinit; 09-09-2017 at 08:02 PM.

My scc runs from 200 to 250. With 130 milking we usually have 2-4 cows that go in the bucket.....usually till they are culled. We really do everything wrong in the parlor, but we really try to keep the cows comfortable in the barn.

My SIL averages less than 100 scc every year. He uses a quarter milker on a lot of cows and throws out milk even after feeding calves.

I thought be under 300 was good with only treating a yew a year in a 60 cow herd was good. We figured out that we were pulling to much vacuum and after we adjusted it, we've been around 100 or less

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whistle pig View Post
    My scc runs from 200 to 250. With 130 milking we usually have 2-4 cows that go in the bucket.....usually till they are culled. We really do everything wrong in the parlor, but we really try to keep the cows comfortable in the barn.

My SIL averages less than 100 scc every year. He uses a quarter milker on a lot of cows and throws out milk even after feeding calves.
    Throwing out milk is expensive, too.

And farting around with the quarter milker bucket wouldn't fly here with the Mexican. Gotta get done milking so he can stand around & text the girlfriend before his wife comes to pick him up lol.