Thread: Gnrh backorder

Default Gnrh backorder

Stopped at local vet for few things. Gal behind counter said people buying up cysterellion like mad. Manufacturing back order. Public perception issue, much like tail docking. Knew this would eventually come about. Thinking the estrumates and lutalyse, etc is in same boat.

Sure would present a challenge to us if discontiued. Don't consider we over use hormones, breed natural heats as well, but the hormones still play a big part in our preg rate,

Default Gnrh backorder

Quote Originally Posted by cihguy View Post
    Stopped at local vet for few things. Gal behind counter said people buying up cysterellion like mad. Manufacturing back order. Public perception issue, much like tail docking. Knew this would eventually come about. Thinking the estrumates and lutalyse, etc is in same boat.

Sure would present a challenge to us if discontiued. Don't consider we over use hormones, breed natural heats as well, but the hormones still play a big part in our preg rate,
    From my understanding it is just the Cysterellion brand that is back ordered. Factrel has not been an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got switched to Fertagyl. Not saying that the repro drugs won't get cut off eventually, but they haven't yet. Currently every cow I breed gets at least 2 shots of Lut, or a full Presynch program for their first service.

From past experience there are at least 10% of cows that I have never seen in heat lactation after lactation, yet synch drugs get them pregnant with no issue... losing the repro hormones is going to be the end of cows that that.