Thread: What’s your current milking process.

Default What’s your current milking process.

What is happening during milking. Who’s is milking the cows?how are treated cows missed? Dips? Milk times? Do you use quarter Milkers? Give the in’s and outs.

Robots. Ocean blue post spray. Just added a bunch more head....lots of work training
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

Tasmania, Australia where the grass is always green

Robots are milking, collecting individual quarter data on milk yield, flow, conductivity, etc treated cows walk through approx. 6 sort gates so chances of getting lost are slim!

No quarter milkers, all treated cows are milked in one group into crocks. They are identified with alarms on the computer and red leg bands on each leg. One of our family members is in the parlour for almost every shift so we can keep a decent eye on how things go. Plus we have a decent checklist system to keep things organized

We use TeatKote 10/III for post dip in thrifty dippers

I milk every morning and most evenings my oldest son helps milk and my daughter will strip and dip my wife will help if nobody else is home to help. Also I have a 5 year old son who likes to sweep feed and clean stalls. We milk in a tie stall barn treated cows are moved to end stalls and milked in a bucket they are clearly marked with paint sticks and leg bands

We milk at 5am and 4pm