Thread: Herd management programs

Default Herd management programs

What is everyone using for herd management programs? Currently using Dairy Comp 305. Getting a little tired of paying the yearly extortion fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wisjag View Post
    What is everyone using for herd management programs? Currently using Dairy Comp 305. Getting a little tired of paying the yearly extortion fee.

I use delpro, it comes with my robots. I also recommend AgSource dm if you use then as a data analytics company. It has a low yearly fee that includes all service, support and upgrades. Very reasonable, especially for smaller our medium sized farms
    DiederichFarm
    "You are only as good as your next success, not your last" Sir Jock Stirrup

What are some of the yearly fees you guys are seeing? I am considering adding dairycomp in the next year or two when they do a major redesign, apparently it's moving to a more modern interface by becoming a web access service style of product...

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    What are some of the yearly fees you guys are seeing? I am considering adding dairycomp in the next year or two when they do a major redesign, apparently it's moving to a more modern interface by becoming a web access service style of product...
    The initial cost when we got the program was $2,000 not sure what it is now. The yearly cost for no support is $499. That is the plan we go with since we have only needed support twice in over ten years of having the program. If you choose plans with support they are around $700-800. We will just pay for the minutes as needed since unused minutes in the support plans do not revolve.

The first time I needed service from Valley Ag I waited in hold for over an hour. My local guy is not much better. The second time I got smart and called in 2 minuets before they opened for the day and got through right away.

Looking at the Bovisync program. Eight cents per cow per month. We donít use DHIA but a private service which saves us around $150/month. The bovisync would save me around $160 per year.

We use pc dart through Northstar. Seems pretty simple. Honestly donít even know the cost.

We switched from Dairy comp to Bovi Sync in Sep. I've been very happy with it so far. The learning curve for me was pretty rough tho cause of so many years on DC. The others around here who never used a computer program took to it right away. It saved me money and access from anywhere is something I love.

Quote Originally Posted by FARMFORFUN View Post
    We switched from Dairy comp to Bovi Sync in Sep. I've been very happy with it so far. The learning curve for me was pretty rough tho cause of so many years on DC. The others around here who never used a computer program took to it right away. It saved me money and access from anywhere is something I love.
    How was the initial startup? Did all your data from dairy comp transfer as easily as they say it will? The mobile access being included in the price is something that really attracts me to the program. Dairy comp charged extra for the mobile access.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Not sure exactly what the fees are but Canwest Dhi does the Dairycomp support in Canada. They are awesome. Install teamveiwer on computer with an internet connection. Give them a call and they will fix/ build all kinds of reports or issues they may have.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The initial start up went pretty well. They took all info from dairy comp on a friday and transferred it over, it all transferred without any issues. The next week starting on monday morn the guy I worked with came to the farm and shadowed us with everything we did. As we were doing it he would set up the exact protocol in Bovi sync. He did that everyday of the week to make sure we covered everything we do. The next week he spent a couple days here again just helping us on the entering and understanding of the program. We set up 4 smart phones so they can be used cow side. I have less invested in this whole thing than what dairy comp wanted just to add a couple devices, which would have still had major limitations compare to this.

Tasmania, Australia where the grass is always green

Quote Originally Posted by wisjag View Post

We use Delpro in our conventional system and with our robots too.

Quote Originally Posted by freddobonanza View Post
    We use Delpro in our conventional system and with our robots too.
    When did you guys put the robots in?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Tasmania, Australia where the grass is always green

When I say we, I mean another farm I manage away from the family farm I share farm with. Hence why I’ve been quiet over the last year on here while I adapt to the new challenges.