Thread: Our mixer is finally here

Default Our mixer is finally here

In 2002 we bought a new truck & set it up with a brand new knight mixer. It served us very well thru the years.

We wore out screws & liners & doors during 31,000 engine hours on the truck. Last fall, a screw deflighted itself and went thru the very very worn liner & side. After the failure we had the screws rebuilt in our spare, a pull behind knight. We figured we'd be using it for a few months while we decided what direction to go.

We spent a bunch of time looking at mixers & weighing our options. We decided on the trioliet and putting it on our rebuilt existing truck. From the start Trioliet told use that because of our specs and their normal lead time it would take 6-9 months to arrive. It actually took almost a year!

We had a few custom requests along with mounting to our truck, like building a hydraulic chute on one door to fill dry cow wagons, several scale heads, 3 feed doors plus a premix door & shortening the footprint as much as possible to maintain weight balance & turning radius. Along with a LED light package & rear view camera on the mixer.

We mixed the 1st load in the new mixer Monday. Very happy with the results from trioliet and the work performed by Cliff's Inc. My brother & I do all the feeding & were laughing yesterday because after lunch we were both daydreaming about feeding and how nice it is to be back in our truck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Few more pics

Cliff's fabbed up this hydraulic chute so we could load wagons we use to feed dry cows at a satellite farm.

Congratulations on a nice new mixer. Putting on a backup camera is a good idea. Thanks for the pics.

Congratulations. I hope that wagon gives you many years of trouble free feeding. I really like the side mounted unloading lights that you have on there. I might have to copy that idea. Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfarmer View Post
    Cliff's fabbed up this hydraulic chute so we could load wagons we use to feed dry cows at a satellite farm.

I kinda like your wagon feeder thing. We drive tractor and mixer down to dry barn to feed em. Having wagon and just using truck quick would be slick. How many wagons you use? That looks like only 30 cows worth of room. Neat, like duh why didnt I think of this duh!

We demoed a Triolet last winter when we had our NDE relined. Nice mixer, had 3sp box and every option. We fixed ours since it was 87000...and with 14/cwt we were not buying anything. It mixed nice for sure. Dont think i liked the curved shuttling conveyor....looks like a complicated thing to fix when it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Troydairy View Post
    I kinda like your wagon feeder thing. Having wagon and just using truck quick would be slick. How many wagons you use? That looks like only 30 cows worth of room.

We demoed a Triolet last winter, Dont think i liked the curved shuttling conveyor....looks like a complicated thing to fix when it breaks.
    We have 2 wagons for each satellite farm. That way 1 is with the cows & 1 is at the main farm to be refilled. These wagons do have room for about 30 cows, & can be ordered with a hitch to pull a 2nd wagon behind if needed. We have bale storage at the other farms, so we often pull a flat rack behind & bring loads of hay back.

I Hate conveyors on mixers. The service & breakage is too much for me. I understand that sometimes they are necessary but we were able to design this chute to avoid 1 on the new set up.

Color me impressed. That seems like a sturdy setup, racingfarmer. Have you noticed any shortcoming or something you would like to change about it so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauston View Post
    Color me impressed. That seems like a sturdy setup, racingfarmer. Have you noticed any shortcoming or something you would like to change about it so far?
    We are adding 2 more lights. The catwalk between the cab & mixer needs modification to allow access to a filter. I bought a label maker & relabeled the controls from their labels.

Outside of those, it's pretty much the way we wanted. Be interesting to see how it ages as the years pass.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfarmer View Post
    In 2002 we bought a new truck & set it up with a brand new knight mixer. It served us very well thru the years.

We wore out screws & liners & doors during 31,000 engine hours on the truck. Last fall, a screw deflighted itself and went thru the very very worn liner & side. After the failure we had the screws rebuilt in our spare, a pull behind knight. We figured we'd be using it for a few months while we decided what direction to go.

We spent a bunch of time looking at mixers & weighing our options. We decided on the trioliet and putting it on our rebuilt existing truck. From the start Trioliet told use that because of our specs and their normal lead time it would take 6-9 months to arrive. It actually took almost a year!

We had a few custom requests along with mounting to our truck, like building a hydraulic chute on one door to fill dry cow wagons, several scale heads, 3 feed doors plus a premix door & shortening the footprint as much as possible to maintain weight balance & turning radius. Along with a LED light package & rear view camera on the mixer.

We mixed the 1st load in the new mixer Monday. Very happy with the results from trioliet and the work performed by Cliff's Inc. My brother & I do all the feeding & were laughing yesterday because after lunch we were both daydreaming about feeding and how nice it is to be back in our truck.

Congratulations my friend
    Thanks
    ufo jeans