Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parlor lift gates are shot, replace?

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Looks very good, glad you are up and running again!

Also super curious to see more of the SCR equipment! We installed their meters and pulsators in our parlour last year and are loving it as well, but we had to figure out how to get their components in our old cabinets. Did you have stuff preassemebled? Was that from SCR or something your dealer did on their own for you? Are your shutoff valve bodies down low or up high or..? So many questions, we are the only SCR parlour in our province!

Weaver built new butt pans & cabinets. They shipped those to our dealer Fullers Milking Center. Fullers pre-assembled each stall's equipment in the cabinets. So all we had to do was roll the cabinet in, hang it, hook up the vacuum & plug in the meters and shutoffs.

The pipeline is low & the vacuum shutoffs are mounted directly to that. The pusators & shifter valves are mounted above in the cabinet. Those are both plumbed to a clean air intake as well.

Weaver & Fuller have done several of these conversions together, so they kind of know what each other needs.

We are getting the equipment tuned in now & are seeing machine on times & peak flow rates back to normal. Had to make some vacuum & pulsation tweaks.

We are not at this time using variable rate pulsation or any of the SCR stimulation settings.

I don't think I have any detailed cabinet pictures but I can try to take some in the next few days.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A few cabinet pics

Cabinets & SCR internals.

Looks very well done! We barely had enough room for the take off cylinders, control boards and screens in our old surge cabinets. Pulsators and control valves are all direct mounted to the clean vacuum line low by the milk lines. Pulsators have been flawless but the control valves need the dedicated clean air supply a little more, don't move as much so some moisture has built up occasionally. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Looks very well done! We barely had enough room for the take off cylinders, control boards and screens in our old surge cabinets. Pulsators and control valves are all direct mounted to the clean vacuum line low by the milk lines. Pulsators have been flawless but the control valves need the dedicated clean air supply a little more, don't move as much so some moisture has built up occasionally. Thanks for posting the pictures!
    We talked about putting the pulsators down low, but we had that in the 90's with surge pulsators. What a nightmare of maintenance.

Weaver would have built us a lower cabinet to house the meters & pulsators but we elected to go overhead with them & save the $$ of a lower cabinet & not risk the moisture issues.

I kinda wish we would have gone low pulsators now. Just to get all the hoses together & not have the pulsator hoses in the way of the posi-balls. I may move all the pulsator hoses over so they miss the posi-ball mounts at some point.

Default Frame

Did you know there is a plastic frame that SCR makes in order to support the display EP200 in the stainless steel cabinet? This looks great and is easier to install.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfarmer View Post
    Cabinets & SCR internals.